MasterSeal Polyurea Liquid Coatings for Flat Roof Waterproofing
MasterSeal Hand or Spray Applied Premium Polyurea
Polyurea liquid coatings suitable for flat roofs, walkways, balconies, podium decks, roof repairs, tanking, joint filling, floors and most structural waterproofing projects including water treatment, car park decks and basements.
MaterSeal Application Video For Hand Applied Polyurea
One of the largest chemical company BASF recognised a significant milestone in 2020 — the 100th anniversary of polymer chemistry.
Back in 1920, German Nobel laureate Hermann Staudinger defined the concept of chain-like “macromolecules,” also known as polymers—or what the common person knows as plastics—one of the central cornerstones of what makes up BASF’s innovative product portfolio.
BASF MasterSeal is hydrophobic polyurea - seamless and instant waterproofing liquid coating system developed from leading and cutting edge coating technologies. Engineered at molecular level to provide robust waterproofing in the harshest of weather conditions.
What makes MasterSeal polyurea different?
- High elongation - to allow for thermal movement
- Moisture tolerant - allowing for all seasons application.
- Easily hand or spray applied to flat roofs, balconies, walkways and most structural waterproofing projects including basement repairs.
- Hand and cold applied - fast curing and self-levelling polyurea coating it has no need for hot works and has zero VOC’s.
- Applied directly - over other roof coatings, over new cold or warm roof build up - OSB/Ply, or carrier sheet.
- Upstands and detailing made easy.
Associated products - top coats and sealants to compliment any project.
- Fully fire rated
- BBA certification
- Manufacturer’s warranty
- Insurance backed guarantees available
Where to use MasterSeal hand applied polyurea?
From a simple do-it-yourself flat roof, balcony or walkway patch repair (for leaking mineral felt, asphalt roofs etc.) to an over-coating application / thermal upgrade or basement repair.
MasterSeal Hotspray Applied Polyurea
Highly elastic, solvent-free, ultra-fast curing, spray-applied pure polyurea membrane for waterproofing applications
The most efficient coating for instant waterproofing of surfaces exposed to harsh weather conditions, mechanical and chemical conditions.
It cures in a few seconds and hardens fully in just two hours – reducing down time for commercial buildings or making access possible on walkways and stair-wells for tenants in social housing.
Once cured, MasterSeal polyurea has the high elasticity and crack bridging properties needed to avoid water leakages in the event of moving cracks in the substrate.
Where to use MasterSeal spray applied polyurea?
This solvent-free, two-part, 100% pure polyurea waterproofing membrane is suited to waterproofing applications where a high degree of mechanical and/ or chemical resistance is required.
This includes roof and areas exposed to mechanical loads, sewage effluent and secondary containment bunds within the water treatment, chemical and petrochemical sectors.
- Flat and architectural roofs.
- Horizontal and vertical substrates.
- Internal and external areas.
- Concrete, cementitious mortar or steel substrates.
- Reinforced concrete to protect it against carbonation, chloride induced corrosion or chemical attack in industrial environments.
- Waste water treatment plants (urban and industrial), both in the inflow and outflow areas.
- Sewage effluent pipelines.
- Steel and concrete pipes.
- Secondary containment bunds in chemical and petrochemical industries.
What makes MasterSeal spray applied polyurea different?
Spray delivered and ultra-fast curing: enables easy application to form a monolithic waterproofing membrane on simple and complex surfaces.
- Rapid curing
- Continuous membrane: monolithic – no laps, welds or seams
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Waterproof and resistant to standing water.
- Fully bonded to substrate: can be applied to a wide range of substrates with the appropriate primer.
- High water vapour permeability: low risk of blistering.
- High resistance to carbon dioxide diffusion: Protects concrete from rebar corrosion.
- High abrasion and impact resistance: Withstand mechanical traffic.
- High elasticity and crack bridging capability: Remains elastic at low temperatures; Eg approx. – 45°C o High durability and protection with reduced cracking due to embrittlement
- Thermoset – does not soften at high temperatures
- Resistance to root penetration
- Fully certified solution according EN 1504 part 2 that ensures consistency in performance
Highly reactive MasterSeal pure polyurea can only be applied by two-component spray equipment, which initiates a quick reaction and ensures the membrane’s rapid, safe application.
How to Order
You can buy MasterSeal polyurea coating products nationwide from our online store. We supply information on how to apply MasterSeal polyurea products with full technical support, up to date datasheets and application guides. We also offer training courses via our technical team.
Find approved and professional MasterSeal coating applicators and roofers in your area.
We have a network of experienced MastersSeal coating applicators nationwide to carry out any roofing or waterproofing project for clients who require professional application.
Certification and Warranties
MasterSeal polyurea coatings are BBA and CE Certified with t1 and BROOF t4 to fully meet UK regulations and have a manufactures warranty together with an optional IBG (Insurance Backed Guarantee).
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or call: 0800 7022176.