Sika Polyurea Liquid Coatings for Flat Roof Waterproofing
Sika Hand or Spray Applied Premium Polyurea
Polyurea liquid coatings suitable for flat roofs, walkways, balconies, podium decks, roof repairs, tanking, joint filling, floors and most structural waterproofing projects including water treatment, car park decks and basements.
Sika - Application Video For Hand Applied Polyurea
Sika was founded in 1910 and is a Swiss multinational specialty chemicals company with a leading position in the development and production of systems and products for bonding, sealing, damping, reinforcing, and protecting in the building sector and motor vehicle industry.
Sika has subsidiaries in 100 countries around the world and manufactures in over 300 factories. Its 25,000 employees generated annual sales of CHF 7.88 billion in 2020. At the end of 2019, Sika won the Swiss Technology Award for an innovative new adhesive technology.
Sika have manufactured roofs systems for over fifty years.
Sika Liquid Polyurea Coatings
Liquid-applied membrane (LAM) is a monolithic, fully-bonded, liquid-based coating suitable for many waterproofing and roofing applications. The coating cures to form a rubber-like elastomeric waterproof membrane and may be applied over many substrates, including asphalt, bitumen and concrete.
Sika Hand or Spray Applied Coatings are a Popular Choice Because It Is...
- Ideal for exposed roofs with large number of complicated details and penetrations
- Cost-effective, especially for roof renovations and roof repair projects
- Seamless, fills in cracks, gaps and voids in substrate
- Easy and safe application
- Rapid curing and excellent adhesion to all kinds of surfaces
- Applicable for a multitude of waterproofing needs, not only roofs
Benefits of Sika Liquid Coatings
- Fast, easy and safe application (no hot works)
- Highly elastic
- Fully adhered to substrate
- High UV resistance
- Retains flexibility even at low temperatures
- Zero flame technology
- Vapor permeable
- Seamless hydrophobic applications for
- over coating of leaky roofs
- new roofs, walkways
- balconies, podium decks
- water containment
- bridges and more
Lets look at some of the popular Sika coating products that we sell...
Sikalastic®-800 HA Polyurea
Sikalastic®-800 HA (hand applied) is a two component, solvent free, highly elastic, low odour polyurea based waterproofing membrane.
Sikalastic®-800 HA, is a hand applied two component PU/PUA LAM for use externally on protected podium decks and below ground waterproofing applications on concrete and steel.
Sikalastic®-800 HA is solvent free, is self-levelling and does not require reinforcement.
Sikalastic®-800 HA is designed for applications of flat substrate and is suitable for protected or buried waterproofing systems, balconies, terraces and podium decks. Due to the low odour feature the system can be specifically used in highly sensitive site areas, such as hospitals, schools, food and pharma industry, etc.
Sikalastic®-800 HA is a membrane from the Sikalastic® range that cures to provide completely seamless waterproof protection to provide a joint-less, low odour, liquid applied waterproofing system. Its liquid application means it can be easily applied to all complex detail areas, and because it is completely cold applied there is no requirement for any special application equipment, heat or naked flame.
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
- Cold applied, self levelling behaviour
- Desired thickness in one layer application
- Low odour product during and after the application High elasticity and elongation at break
- Can be covered with an aliphatic top coat for exposed applications
- Good adhesion to most substrates
- APPROVALS / STANDARDS
- Declaration of Performance No. 16518429 provided with the CE mark
- Reaction to fire according to EN 13501-1: Euroclass E Root resistance tested according to DIN CEN/TS
- 14416 report number 0078.0.2-2019e performed at KIWA Institute in Germany
The surface must be sound, of sufficient strength, clean, dry and free of dirt, oil, grease and other contamination. Depending on the material the substrate
must be primed or mechanically cleaned. Grinding may be necessary to level the surface. Suitable substrates are such as: Concrete, metal, brickwork.
For detailed information on Substrate Preparation refer to the Sikalastic®-800 HA Method Statement.
Prior to mixing, stir Part A mechanically. When all of Part A has been added to Part B, mix continuously for 2 minutes until a uniform mix has been achieved. To
ensure thorough mixing pour materials into another container and mix again to achieve a consistent mix. Over mixing must be avoided to minimise air entrainment.
Sikalastic®-800 HA must be thoroughly mixed using a slow speed electric stirrer (300 - 400 rpm) or other suitable equipment.
Always refer to an up to date datasheet prior to application and for detailed information on Substrate Preparation refer to the Sikalastic®-800 HA Method Statement.
As with all hand applied polyurea's, it is recommended that a UV protective top coat is applied for extra UV protection. Sikalastic-701 or similar
Please note: Always apply a test area first.
Sikalastic®-8800 Hotspray Applied Polyurea
Sikalastic®-8800 Spray Applied Polyurea Application Video
Sikalastic®-8800 is a two part, elastic, 100 % solids, very fast curing and coloured pure polyurea liquid applied membrane with good chemical resistance.
Sikalastic®-8800 may only be used by experienced professionals. On concrete Abrasion resistant protective coating in industrial and manufacturing facilities.
Waterproofing for cut and cover structures
▪ Waterproofing for submersed structures
▪ Waterproofing on walkways and balconies
▪ Waterproofing on floors and car park decks
▪ Water retaining structures in power plants
▪ Secondary containment structures Tank, bund and pit lining in sewage and waste water treatment plants
▪ On steel
▪ Truck bed lining
▪ Waterproofing and wearing layer on steel ridges
CHARACTERISTICS / ADVANTAGES
▪ Very fast reactivity and curing time
▪ Almost immediate return-to-service time
▪ Excellent crack bridging properties
▪ Good chemical resistance
▪ Excellent abrasion resistance
▪ UV light exposure may lead to yellowing
How to Order
You can buy Sika polyurea coating products nationwide from our online store. We supply information on how to apply Sika polyurea products with full technical support, up to date datasheets and application guides. We also offer training courses via our technical team.
Find approved and professional Sika Polyurea coating applicators and roofers in your area.
We have a network of experienced Sika Polyurea coating applicators nationwide to carry out any roofing or waterproofing project for clients who require professional application.
Certification and Warranties
Sika polyurea coatings are CE Certified with EN 13501-1: Euroclass E to fully meet UK regulations and have a manufactures warranty together with an optional IBG (Insurance Backed Guarantee).
For further information please email: email@example.com.
or call: 0800 7022176.