SilaCote Polymer Liquid Coatings for Flat Roof Waterproofing
SilaCote Hand or Airless Spray Applied
Single component coating systems based on proven silicone technology. Suitable for flat roofing and structural waterproofing - reducing materials and application costs - complies BBA and ETAG.
SilaCote polymers are based on new silicone technology which means the curing process happens without a catalysts additive. The chemical process is similar to a moisture cure material however unlike moisture cure materials SilaCote will not produce any CO2 gas bubbles in the coating when applied over 0.5mm. Pure silane based terminated technology.
SilaCote has also been proven even when applied under the most unfavourable conditions to show properties comparable to those of polyurethane-based liquid waterproofing coatings – without the addition of solvents or plasticizers that will sweat out of a traditional system over time and make the material become brittle.
Hand or Airless Spray applied
Why Choose SilaCote?
Ready to use, single liquid component
✔Single component system
✔No mixing errors
No primer required
✔Excellent adhesion to most conventional substrates
Easy to apply
✔No overcoat time limitations
✔Excellent overcoat ability/adhesion to 2nd layer
✔Very easy to repair
✔Apply with brush roller or airless spray equipment
✔Applied all year round above -5°C
✔Flexible from -40 °C to +80 °C
✔Good mechanical Adhesion
✔Excellent resistance to chemicals
✔No hot works required
Requires no top coat
✔No colour change
✔100% - Aliphatic - UV Stable
✔Excellent flow values
Short drying times with early rain resistance
✔Water repellent on application
✔Rainproof in 20 minutes.
✔Allows Vapour transfusion
✔Resistant to standing /ponding water
✔Applicable under humid or cold conditions
✔Resealable plastic pails can be stored and reused.
✔Available in 5 litre and 10 litre pails.
(20 litre pails only by request)
Where Can I Use SilaCote?
- Waterproofing for new build, repair or refurbishment projects
- Flat roofs, balconies, terraces, walkways
- Balconies, patios and flat roofs
- Recoating failed single ply roofs
- Roof detailing, e.g. light domes, air conditioning outlets
- Internal plant rooms and wet rooms
- Complex detailing, up-stands, penetrations and terminations
- Ponds, fountains and water features
- Warm roofs, cold roofs, and inverted warm roofs
- Green roofs, brown roofs and living walls
- Horizontal under-tile waterproofing
- Waterproofing gutters, valley gutters and drainage channels
- Heritage properties and lead replacement
- Tank flotation compartments
- And many more - contact technical for more information
- 20 Year manufacturers warranty on product
What will SilaCote Adhere To?
- Asbestos or fibre cement
- Profiled metal roofs
- Aged/weathered felt
- Thermoplastic Polyolefin (TPO) - Contact technical
- Most single ply membranes - Contact technical
- Sprayed polyurethane foam
- Tar and gravel
- Modified bitumen
- Built-up systems (BUR)
- Cap sheet
- Torch down mineral felt
- Most existing roof coatings
- WPB plywood
- Cement board
Advantages Of SilaCote
- SilaCote Liquid silicone Waterproofing System is completely isocyanate free, single liquid component roofing system, containing no solvents, no volatile organic compounds (VOC's) and does not require classification or marking as a hazardous substance.
- Fully reinforced with an air mesh membrane when required and has a moisture trigger curing process.
- SilaCote is mostly independent from the weather it can be applied under almost any conditions, even on cold, damp days.
- SilaCote Polymer modified waterproofing membranes can bridge cracks caused by movement of the substrate. Liquid waterproofing membranes can be applied easily, even on damp substrates and dry very quickly.
- Silacote Systems comply with the BBA and European Technical Approval Guidelines (ETAG) for liquid applied roof waterproofing for all listed use categories.
How to Order
You can buy SilaCote coating products nationwide from our online store. We supply information on how to apply SilaCote products with full technical support, up to date datasheets and application guides. We also offer training courses via our technical team.
Find approved and professional SilaCote Coating applicators and roofers in your area.
We have a network of experienced SilaCote Coating applicators nationwide to carry out any roofing or waterproofing project for clients who require professional application.
Certification and Warranties
SilaCote coatings are fire rated t1 and BROOF t4 to fully meet UK regulations and have a manufactures warranty of up to 20 years together with an optional IBG (Insurance Backed Guarantee).
For further information please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or call: 0800 7022176.