SilaCote is a premium, liquid applied, permanent elastic, cold applied and cold curing, single component, moisture triggered, silane, aliphatic membrane used for long-lasting waterproofing. SilaCote Spray is specifically designed when larger areas are to be covered without thinning being required.
- Waterproofing for new build, repair or refurbishment projects
- Flat roofs, balconies, terraces, walkways
- Balconies, patios and flat roofs
- Recoating failed single ply roofs
- Roof detailing, e.g. light domes, air conditioning outlets
- Internal plant rooms and wet rooms
- Complex detailing, up-stands, penetrations and terminations
- Ponds, fountains and water features
- Warm roofs, cold roofs, and inverted warm roofs
- Green roofs, brown roofs and living walls
- Horizontal under-tile waterproofing
- Waterproofing gutters, valley gutters and drainage channels
- Heritage properties and lead replacement
- Tank flotation compartments
- And many more - contact technical for more information
Ready to use, single liquid component
✔Single component system
✔No mixing errors
No primer required
✔Excellent adhesion to most conventional substrates
Easy to apply
✔No overcoat time limitations
✔Excellent overcoat ability/adhesion to 2nd layer
✔Very easy to repair
✔Apply with brush roller or airless spray equipment
✔Applied all year round above -5°C
✔Flexible from -40 °C to +80 °C
✔Good mechanical Adhesion
✔Excellent resistance to chemicals
✔No hot works required
Requires no top coat
✔No colour change
✔100% - Aliphatic - UV Stable
✔Excellent flow values
Short drying times with early rain resistance
✔Water repellent on application
✔Rainproof in 20 minutes.
✔Allows Vapour transfusion
✔Resistant to standing /ponding water
✔Applicable under humid or cold conditions
- SilaCote Liquid silicone Waterproofing System is completely isocyanate free, single liquid component roofing system, containing no solvents, no volatile organic compounds (VOC's) and does not require classification or marking as a hazardous substance.
- Fully reinforced with an air mesh membrane when required and has a moisture trigger curing process.
- SilaCote is mostly independent from the weather it can be applied under almost any conditions, even on cold, damp days.
- SilaCote Polymer modified waterproofing membranes can bridge cracks caused by movement of the substrate. Liquid waterproofing membranes can be applied easily, even on damp substrates and dry very quickly.
- Silacote Systems comply with the BBA and European Technical Approval Guidelines (ETAG) for liquid applied roof waterproofing for all listed use categories.
Primers are not required.