SwellSeal Waterbar is an extruded rubber compound made from butyl rubber, hydrophilic resin, polyethylene, silicone and special admixtures. It is used to seal joints on many poured-in-place and below-ground precast concrete applications.
SwellSeal produces a water-tight seal when under conditions of confinement as it moulds itself to the surrounding surfaces. On contact with water it is capable of swelling up to 4 times its own volume, even fillings gaps which are uneven in size. This means SwellSeal can be used without the need for any high-compression force.
- Capable of swelling up to 4 times in volume
- Can withstand up to 5 bar of hydrostatic pressure
- Can be used in conjunction with non-expanding rubber
- Reversible expansion process
- Easy to install
- Suitable for vertical and horizontal
- Ideal for around pipework due to slim 7 mm thickness
|Product Description||SwellSeal Waterbar|
|Packaging and Size||18 mm x 7 mm|
|Coverage||72 m (each pack contains 6 x 12 m rolls)|
|Storage||Store in dry conditions, protected from direct sunlight, forst and water, in temperatures > 5°C and < 70°C. Please note once wet this product will swell and will not return to original size.|
|Life Expectancy||3 years when stored correctly.|